At Stubbin Wood School our students are assigned to a house team when they join us. We have four house teams in the school each led by a Head of House as follows:
Red team Miss R Schmitz
Green team (new Head of House being recruited!)
Blue team Mr N Oughtred
Purple team Ms E Hughes
Head of House Coordinator: Mrs R Watson
Heads of House encourage students to support the school’s ethos of inclusion. This is done through planning, preparing and delivering lunch time activities as well as organising house team competitions and sports days.
The Heads of House set out to create a fun and exciting environment for all our students at lunch times over the course of the week, where they can take part in a variety of different activities. It may be that they can express themselves on the dance floor at dance club, develop strength and teamwork at sports club, or gain communication and social skills singing at full voice in the choir club. Students can also gain practical environmental awareness through the ECO Schools initiative where students undertake a variety of practical environmentally based challenges.
Throughout the school year the Heads of House plan and prepare team tournaments and sports days with the focus on developing social skills, teamwork, communication skills and the development of pride in their achievements and those of their house teammates. We celebrate the individual achievements of students and collective team achievements through our reward system designed to motivate and encourage pupils to achieve their individual learning goals and to fulfil their full potential across all areas of the school.
Students are rewarded for things such as:
· Kindness shown towards others
· Achieving individual goals
· Taking on new challenges
· Developing communication and social skills
· Demonstrating environmental and conservation awareness
We reward students in many different ways. These include:
· A Gold Star from our Trust CEO Mrs Baker or Associate Principal Mrs Watson
· A personalized letter home from our Associate Principal in recognition of a nomination or weekly class superstar
· Certificates as a result of hard work within class, given out during weekly assemblies
· Tokens for their house team
· Termly rewards for the winning house team