Our vision, values and ethos are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Within school we ensure we are considerate of the local offer and use this to support our students with SEND.
We aim to offer an excellent environment that provides both holistic and personalised approaches through a TEAM ethos which enables our students to be successful and reach their potential by removing barriers to learning and participation and by facilitating aspirational outcomes for all our students, ensuring these are both academic, personal and social so they can enjoy a fulfilling life beyond school and have meaningful pathways into adulthood.
At Stubbin Wood School & Nursery we aim to provide a stimulating and challenging learning experience in a safe environment to enable all pupils to achieve success and reach their potential.
S - Standards
T - Team work
U - Unique
B - Believe
B - Belonging
I - Independent
N - Nurture
W - Well-being
O - Opportunities
O - Outcomes
D - Dedication
This will be accomplished in the following ways: -
- Children will receive high quality teaching using a range of stimulating resources that maximise the context of the local area and beyond. Having high expectations of them to achieve through an appropriate curriculum.
- The learning atmosphere will be safe, where children can express themselves in the security of an open and supportive classroom in which they can fully develop their academic and social skills.
- Children will strive to maintain high standards of behaviour.
- All children will have access to a carefully planned, balanced and relevant curriculum which promotes a positive attitude to learning.
- Have high expectations set for all children in order to raise levels of achievement and make progress against their individual learning targets across the school.
- We endeavor to meet the needs of all children within our environment.
- The school will provide for the physical, social and moral development of every child.
- Children will be encouraged to demonstrate attitudes of courtesy, sensitivity and tolerance. The school will not tolerate any discrimination or inequality of opportunity.
- We aim to deploy our resources, both human and material as effectively as possible and aim to keep up with innovation.
- Recently we have further developed our curriculum 2019, as a school we believe in everyone having opportunities to not only "achieve success" but "reach their potential".